2017 Workshop Dates
|Jan 23-Feb 27 Basic Digital Photography (6pm-7:30pm), Mondays
||July 15, 2017 Basic Digital Photography (9am-2pm)
Exploring / Basic Digital Photography
Who is this class for?
Anyone with a camera, who wants to learn more about their equipment and what it can do. The class covers how a camera operates, and fundamentals of photography. Here's what you will learn:
- What do all those knobs and buttons do, and what the heck is an F-stop?Choosing the right focus modes for still or moving subjects
- Control depth of field (and get that nice background blur)
- Control motion blur and camera shake
- Choosing the best ISO
- Why and how to read your histogram
- Should you shoot RAW or JPEG and why?
- 10 quick tips to improve your photography
- The secret to getting tack sharp photos
- Tripod, Flashes and Lenses...Oh my!
- Photographing Flowers and landscapes
- Photographing Kids
- Photographing Sports (hint...it ain't cheap)
- Making people look their best
What should you bring?
- Your camera (bet you didn't see that one coming!)
- Flashes and tripods are welcomed and encouraged
- A sense of humor, because we are gonna have some fun
- Your camera manual. Although camera all function on the same basic principles, menus and button locations are different from model to model.
Pre Class Assignment..At a minimum please practice setting your shutter speed, aperture, and ISO before class.
Workbook with the class materials